Certified translations are an essential service in today’s global world, where communication crosses language barriers and national borders. When dealing with legal or official documents, it is essential to ensure the accuracy and authenticity of the translation. In Italy, the term “sworn translation” is often used to refer to this type of service, but it is important to understand the different types of certified translations and the procedures required to make such translations valid abroad, through the Apostille.
Certified Translations: An Introduction
A certified translation is a translation of an official, legal or administrative document that has been attested by a licensed professional translator recognized by the relevant authorities. This process gives legal validity to the translation, confirming that it is accurate and faithful to the original. However, it is important to note that the terminology used may vary from country to country. In Italy, sworn translation is the term commonly used to describe this service.
Sworn Translation in Italy
Sworn translation is a key service in Italy for documents that must be submitted to Italian authorities. This translation is carried out by a sworn translator, i.e., a professional who has passed a certification exam and is registered in the appropriate register with the court. Documents translated in this way are recognized as legally authentic within the territory of Italy.
However, it is important to note that sworn translation has associated costs beyond the cost of the translation itself. In addition to payment to the sworn translator for his or her services, a revenue stamp of €16.00 is required for every three pages of the translated document. In addition, there are also fixed administrative costs associated with the process of swearing in or swearing out the translator. These administrative costs may vary depending on the competent court and the type of document.
Certified Foreign Translation: The Importance of the Apostille
While a sworn translation is valid for documents submitted in Italy, when it comes to documents that are to be used abroad, an additional step is required: the Apostille. The Apostille is a certificate issued by the competent authorities in the document’s country of origin, confirming the authenticity of the signature and qualification of the sworn translator or notary who notarized the document. In other words, the Apostille makes the sworn translation legally valid abroad.
Apostille is regulated by the 1961 Hague Convention, which has been adopted by many countries around the world, including Italy. This means that documents legalized with an Apostille in Italy will generally be accepted without further procedure in other countries that have signed the Convention.
Services Offered by LingoYou
LingoYou is a leading certified translation company and offers a wide range of services to meet the needs of its clients. Here’s what you can expect when you choose LingoYou for your certified translations:
– High Quality Sworn Translations: LingoYou works with a team of highly qualified sworn translators registered with Italian courts. We guarantee accurate translations that comply with legal requirements.
– Management of Administrative Procedures: We are experienced in managing all administrative procedures required for sworn translation, including fixed administrative costs and application of revenue stamps.
– Apostille and Legalization: When your documents are to be used abroad, LingoYou will guide you through the process of obtaining an Apostille to confer international legal validity to your sworn translations.
– Customized Services: We understand that every client has different needs. We offer customized services to meet your specific certified translation needs.
– Speed and Reliability: We recognize the importance of timing in legal matters. LingoYou is committed to providing timely certified translations without compromising quality.
Certified translations, including sworn translations in Italy, are a crucial aspect of overall communication and legal validity of documents. When dealing with official documents, it is essential to work with experienced professionals like those at LingoYou to ensure that translations are accurate and legally recognized.
Also, if you need to use these documents abroad, don’t forget the importance of Apostille. LingoYou offers a comprehensive service that includes this step as well, ensuring that your documents are valid wherever you submit them.
Rely on LingoYou for your certified translations and let our experts take care of all the details, ensuring a reliable and legally valid translation, both in Italy and abroad.
Or send us an email